Mushroom kurma is a perfect accompaniment to rice, dosa/idly and rotis. Mushroom is an alternative to vegetarians. Cooking mushroom is so easy and tasty of course. Check out other kurma recipes.
Without any stories, let’s start cooking !
- For coconut masala, roast all the ingredients listed under "to roast and grind" with little oil. Cool down the mixture and grind it to a fine paste adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan and once hot, splutter bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Add onions and fry till translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Check for salt and add mushroom. Saute till moisture evaporates.
- Now goes in coconut paste and water based on the consistency you want.
- Cook covered till the kurma thickens.
- Finally add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- - You can add poppy seeds in the coconut paste.
- - Add spice powders based on the level of spiciness you like.
- - You can add veggies like potato, peas in this kurma.
- - This kurma will thicken later.
Step wise cooking:
List of ingredients required.
For the masala heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds and splutter it. Add cashews followed by green chilies, ginger and garlic. Finally add coconut and fry it. Switch off the flame.
Cool down everything and grind it to a fine paste adding water.
Heat oil in a pan and once hot, splutter bay leaf and cumin seeds. Add onions and fry till transparent.
Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to taste.
Add mushrooms and saute till moisture goes away.
Add coconut paste and required water. cook for a couple of minutes. Cook covered till it thickens.
Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Tasty mushroom kurma is ready!