Macroni pasta is our family’s evening time snack. Pasta is mostly loved by children and its a healthy way to include veggies also in macroni. Today we are going to make a South Indian style macroni pasta with lots of veggies and spices.
Try the recipe and give me your feedback. Let’s cook…
- Boil water and add a tsp of oil. Add macroni and cook till soft. Drain the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Add onions and cook till it becomes transparent.
- Add tomatoes and cook till done.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and required salt. Saute for a couple of minutes till raw smell goes away.
- Add macroni and add 2 tsps of ketchup.
- Mix everything well until masala blends with macroni.
- Tasty macroni is ready!
- - Follow the details mentioned in macroni pack for perfectly cooked macroni.
- - Oil is added to avoid the stickiness between macroni.
- - If using dried peas, soak in water for 5 hours. Pressure cook it till soft and then add to the dish.
- - You can add any veggies of your choice.
- - Use spice powders as per your spice level.
Step wise cooking:
Cook macroni in enough water till soft. Add a tsp of oil in water to avoid stickiness. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds, chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute it.
Then goes in finely chopped onions and saute till translucent. Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and salt.
Add veggies of your choice. I added carrot, beans and sweet corn. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle water to cook and retain the crunchiness of veggies. Do not overcook.
Add the cooked macroni and ketchup. Mix everything well till it blends with the masala.
South Indian style macroni is ready!