Kara pori is an easy snack that can be made in 10 minutes. I always make this while watching my favorite movies! Kara pori is meant to be our popcorn ! It’s so crispy and melts in our mouth. Simple spices are added to enhance the taste of pori. Use freshly bought pori for making a good crunchy kara pori.
So, without any more stories, let’s start making it!
- Slightly crush the garlic cloves with skin intact. No need to remove the skin.
- Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds followed by urad dal, curry leaves and dry red chilies. Add garlic and peanuts.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder and quickly saute it without burning the spices.
- Time to add the pori and required salt.
- Mix the pori nicely until everything blends and spices are evenly distributed.
List of required ingredients.
Crush the garlic cloves slightly. No need to peel them. Set aside.
Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds followed by urad dal, curry leaves and dry red chilies. Add garlic and peanuts.
Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and a cup of puffed rice. Add salt to taste.
Saute for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp.