Garlic Mushroom – Mushrooms are sautéed in a spicy ground garlic paste. These are great as a side for flavored rice, roti or even enjoyed as it is and will be ready in 15 minutes. In Indian cuisine, mushrooms are used to prepare a variety of dishes like pulao, masala, soup and many more and I’ve loved each one of them.
When you want to have an alternative to meat, you should always go for mushrooms. This lip smacking recipe calls for very basic ingredients that one can find in most kitchens. Cook them just before serving as the dish tastes best, hot off the stove. Be generous towards oil for the best outcome. I’ve made different versions of mushroom recipes and you can check it.
You guys are going to agree that these are the best mushrooms you ever had! Let’s get started.
- Grind the ingredients listed under “to grind” adding little water to a smooth paste.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan add cumin seeds and green chilies.
- Add the onions and cook till transparent.
- Now add the ground garlic paste and salt and cook for till raw smell disappears.
- Add mushroom and mix well to combine.
- Cook the mixture till everything blends together and oil leave the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- • Add red chilies as per your spice tolerance.
- • You can add a tsp of garam masala if you wish.
Get ready with the ingredients.
Grind garlic, peppercorns, dry red chilies, coriander seeds and fennel seeds with little water to a fine paste.
Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin and green chilies once the oil becomes hot.
Add onions and saute till glossy.
Transfer the ground mixture and saute for a couple of minutes till the raw smell goes away.
Add salt to taste.
Now add the chopped mushrooms and saute till oil leave the sides of the pan. No need to add water since mushroom will get cooked with its own water content.
Finally add some coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Spicy garlic mushroom is ready to be served.