Dosa/Idly is a staple food for south Indians. Usual dosa may be boring for many of us. So today, we are going to make a dosa with carrots. You all will love it. Only few ingredients are required to make this awesome dish.It can be given in the tiffin boxes for kids. Do try this recipe and surprise your family members!
Let’s start making dosa…
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp of oil.
- Add cumin seeds, green chili and onion. Saute till onion becomes transparent.
- Add grated carrots and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until carrots are cooked well. Sprinkle water to avoid carrot from getting burnt.
- Add salt and finally some coriander leaves.
- Pour this mixture over dosa batter and mix well.
- Heat a dosa tawa and make dosa.
- Flip it and cook both sides until crisp.
- • You can directly add the ingredients to the dosa batter but will take more time for the veggies to cook. It’s up to you.
List of required ingredients.
First let’s do tempering. Heat a pan and splutter cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
Followed by ginger and green chilies.
Now add onions and saute for a minute.
Add grated carrot and salt to taste. Allow the carrot to cook nicely. Sprinkle water to avoid from getting burnt. Finally add coriander leaves.
Once done, transfer the carrot mixture to the fermented batter and mix well.
Heat a dosa tawa and once hot, spread a laddle full of batter on hot tawa. Cook it both sides till crispy.
Healthy carrot dosa is ready to be served!